1．The other day , I met an old friend of mine on my way home.
A．Just now B．Every other day C．On a special day D．Several days ago
2．I enjoy living in the countryside，but I can’t go shopping in big stores if I don’t
travel for a long time．
A．until B．till C．unless D．even though
3．—I like to eat fish and chips in the open air．What about you?
A．So do I． B．So am I． C．Either is 0K． D．Neither do I
4．—Li Na won the tennis championship in the French Open on June 4, 2011.
—We take pride in her. She is the first Asian professional tennis player to win it.
A. are interested in B. are proud of C. are terrified of D. are tired of
5． —Could you please wash the dishes?
— OK. I’ll do them in a minute.
A. right away B. for a minute C. just now D. with a minute
6．—You haven’t been to the Water Cube，have you?
— ． How I wish to go there!
A．Yes，I have B．Yes，I haven’t C．No，I have D．No．I haven’t
7．— is the weather in Australia now?
—Hmm．it’s summer there and a little windy．
A．How B．What C．What about D．How about
8．—What do you think of the new comer?
—She is easy ．
A．to get along with B．to get along
C．getting along D．getting along with
9．—My mother bought an MP4 player for me，but I don’t know ．
—Let’s read the instructions first．
A．how to use it B．which one to use C．what to use D．how to use
10． — ?
—only ￡ 5．It is very cheap．
A．What time is it B．How many do you want
C．How much is the English book D．What’s wrong
11．—Excuse me．Is the next bus stop far from here?
—Not very far．It only you five minutes on foot．
A．spends B．costs C．takes ．D．gets
12．—Excuse me，could you please your cigarette?
——Sorry, I won’t.
A．put out B．put up C．put on D．put off
13．—What do you think of Beijing Opera?
A．I’d love to B．I think so
C．I can’t stand it D．So do I
16．—Where is my little dog?
—It the back of the house．
A． has gone to B． had gone to C．has been to D．had been to
17—My brother and I will go to the library tomorrow.
— . Shall we go together?
A. So I do B. So do I C. So will I D. So I will
18．—Don’t too late，or you will feel tired in class．
—I won’t, Mum．
A．stand up B．stay up C．wake up D．get up
19．—This T-shirt _____ Jim’s. I saw him playing basketball here just now.
—No, it _____Jim’s. Look, at the photo of Yao Ming on it. His favorite player isn’t Yao Ming but Kobe Brant.
A. mustn’t be, can be B. can’t be, must be
C. can be, mustn’t be D. must be, can’t be
20．Which of the two cameras are you going to buy?
—I’ll buy of them，so I can give one to my friend．
A． all B．both C．neither D．either
21．Nancy be in Beijing．I met her in the library a few minutes ago．
A．shouldn't B．can't C．may not D．mustn’t
22．The yellow coat be Linda's because nobody likes yellow except her．
A．can't B．can C．mustn't D．must
23．Is that boy Ken?
——It be him．He has gone to Zunyi
A．must B．can't C．needn't D．may
24．Anna hasn't come to school today，I think she be ill
A．can B．has to C．may D．should
25．——Excuse me．Where are we going to have our class meeting?
一I'm not sure．Ask our monitor，please．He know．
A．can B．may C．need D．shall
26．Look at the car． it your brother?
A．Does, belong B．Is；belong to
C．Does, belong to D．Is；belonging to
27. Is there going to be a new bridge ______ the city and the town?
A. from B. between C. among D. both
28. Would you please _______ tomorrow morning?
A. hand it in B. turn in it C. hand in it D. hand over it
29.— Did you go to bed early last night?
—No. I watched a _____ movie, so I didn't go to bed until 11 o’clock.
A. 3-hours B. 3-hours’ C. 3-hour’s D. 3-hour
30. ___of them has known about this because it has been already reported on TV.
A. Each one B. Everybody C. Everyone D. Every one
31. I won’t leave the classroom until my homework ______.
A. finishes B. is finished C. will finish D. are finished
32. There _ a number of students in the hall and the number of them __ over 300.
A. are, is B. is, are C. are, are D. is, is
33. Their school has more than two _____ teachers and _____ students.
A. hundreds of, thousands of B. hundred, thousands of
C. hundred of, thousand D. hundreds, thousands of
34. —Why do you all like Betty?
—Because she is always thinking ______ of others than herself.
A. a little B. much C. much less D. much more
35. The movie Batman and Joker is ______ one that I've ever seen.
A. more exciting B. more excited
C. the most exciting D. the most excited
36. When we hurried to the theatre, the concert ______ for five minutes.
A. had been on B. had begun C. had begun on D. began
37. —Did you meet your friend Peter yesterday?
—Yes. We _______ each other for over ten years.
A. didn’t see B. haven’t seen C. hadn’t seen D. don’t see
38. You’d better ______ others during the night. It’s not polite.
A. phone B. not phone C. to phone D. not to phone
39. It's so hot here. ________ you open the windows?
A. What about B. Why not C. Perhaps D. Why don't
40. I decided not to wait any longer _ I waited for him at the station for two hours.
A. before B. after C. if D. till
41—You are very weak. You ______ take more exercise. It's good for you.
—You are right, I'll take your advice.
A. must B. have to C. ought to D. may
42.Yao Ming put his effort ________ basketball training _______ a very young age.
A. to, in B. to, at C. into, in D. into, at
43.Not only the parents but also their child __the National Stadium the Bird’s Nest.
A. have visited B. is going to visit
C. are going to visit D. have been to
44. Mike has much difficulty _____ Chinese so he often asks me ______ help.
A. to understand, with B. understanding, of
C. to understand, for D. understanding, for
45. He always gives me useful advice when I don’t know _____.
C. who will I talk to D. who should I talk with
46. —Don’t be late for school next time, ______?
A. will you; Yes, I won’t B. will you; No, I won’t
C. do you; Yes, I will D. do you; No, I won’t
A部分 I am on the way
I have been dreaming of being a volunteer 51 I entered the university． Last summer, I could finally become a volunteer after the end term examination．
Step1 First experiencing
I thought I could have a good 52 ． But when I faced so many strangers, also my new workmates for the first time, I got nervous and 53 almost all the time．
Step2 Start work
My first job of volunteering was 54 in summer． The kids were from families 55 low income．They were at different 56 ，from primary school pupils to high school students．We talked about the 57 ，sadness and happiness．I told them that lessons were much more important than money，though I knew they did not have 58 lives．I 59 that my experience would help them．
60 ，we needed to make better plans，and sometimes we didn’t know what to do at all，especially when 61 happened．
I also 62 the older serving group．It seemed 63 more difficult to communicate with elders．I really hoped that I could bring 64 happiness into their lives and help them more．
Anyway，I am on the way． 1 will 65 my dream，no matter what would happen the next day．
51． A．before B．since C．after D．when
52． A．beginning B．end C．finish D．experience
53． A．felt happy B．felt bored C．kept silence D．standing
54． A．cleaning B．teaching C．singing D．telling stories
55． A．with B．in C．out of D．for
56． A．heights B．weights C．builds D．ages
57． A．lessons B．languages C．activities D．life
58． A．poor B．rich C．sad D．happy
59． A．wanted B．think C．hoped D．believe
60． A．To be honest B．By the way C．In general D．At last
61． A．fights B．stories C．accidents D．something new
62． A．took part B．took part in C．joined D．joined in
63． A．a few B．a little C．a lot of D．plenty of
64． A．less B．many C．more D．much and more
65． A．come true B．hold on to C．make D．keep
John Thomas was an 18-year-old student, but he had been a famous champion. Everybody at Boston University liked this tall, quiet boy. once he was hurt, everybody at Boston University was 66 . People all over the country 67 about John Thomas and often asked, "Will he ever jump again?"
John's mother went to the hospital to see her son. She looked at his 68 leg. Then she looked into his 69 . She knew what her son would 70 . "You're going to jump again, John, I know it," she said." 71 will be all right."
If John hoped to jump again, he would have a 72 to do. He began at once. Even in his hospital bed John started to exercise. He used a wheel and other metal things. Soon his 73 looked like a machine shop!
It was May when John 74 the hospital. "Is it all right if I go camping this summer?" he asked the doctors.
"Yes," the doctors said. "But take it easy on that foot."
John took only 75 walks at first. He was taking it easy on his foot. But not on anything else. He went swimming and did other kinds of exercises. He exercised 76 his body cried for a rest. Some days later, he exercised a little 77 . In late summer John went back to 78 . He asked if he could practise with the football team. Football wasn't his favorite, but he had to get that leg 79 again! He worked hard. "No one pushed him as hard as he pushed himself," said one of his friends. "To 80 a champion fighting back is a wonderful thing to watch."
66. A. sorry B. afraid C. alone D. tired
67. A. thought B. talked C. heard D. moved
68. A. broken B. lost C. missing D. dead
69. A. face B. foot C. eyes D. leg
70. A. make B. use C. agree D. do
71. A. Nothing B. Anything C. Something D. Everything
72. A. little B. lot C. few D. bit
73. A. chair B. classroom C. home D. bed
74. A. reached B. called C. left D. found
75. A. short B. long C. quick D. fast
76. A. after B. if C. until D. when
77. A. later B. better C. more D. less
78. A. school B. hospital C. shop D. church
79. A. thick B. strong C. straight D. hard
80. A. look B. hear C. know D. see
81. How do we deal with our problems?
A .By learning to forget. B. By regarding problems as challenges. C. By thinking of something worse. D. All above.
82．This is Mary Allen Brown．She is a doctor．You can call her______.
A．Mrs Mary B．Mr Brown C．Dr Brown D．Ms Allen
83.Which is the right statement according to Unit 2 of Book Three?
A. Martin Murray used to be a “problem child”
B. Martin Murray’s father helped him get out of trouble.
C. Martin Murray’s mother died a few years ago.
D. Martin Murray’s never a top student in his class.
84. The PPC was founded on _______. Thanks to our Party, we’re living a happy life.
A. July 1st, 1921 B. August 1st, 1928 C. October 1st, 1949 D. May 4th, 1919
85. Huanggang City lies in the________ of Hubei Province..
A. northwest B. northeast C. southeast D. southwest
86. _________ will hold the 30th Olympic Games. And it’s also a developed country.
A. England B. Japan C. France D. Brazil
Hundreds of years ago, life was much harder than it is today．People didn’t have modern machines．There was no modern medicine, either．
Life today has brought new problems．One of the biggest is pollution．Water pollution has made our rivers and lakes dirty．It kills our fish and pollutes our drinking water．Noise pollution makes us talk louder and become angry more easily．Air pollution is the most serious kind of pollution．It’s bad to all living things in the world．
Cars, planes and factories all pollute our air every day．Sometimes the polluted air is so thick that it is like a quilt over a city．This kind of quilt is called smog．
Many countries are making rules to flight pollution．Factories must now clean their water before it is thrown away and they mustn’t blow dirty smoke into the air
We need to do many other things．We can put waste things in the dustbin and do not throw them on the ground，there will be less pollution．
Rules are not enough．Every person must help to fight pollution．
87．Hundreds of years ago．life was much harder than it is today because ．
A．there were not any modern machines B．there was no modern medicine
C．both A and B D．there were not many people
88．The most serious kind of pollution is ．
A．noise pollution B．air pollution
C．water pollution D．All the above
89．From the passage we know that ．
A．a few years ago，there was no smog at all
B．today people don’t have to talk to each other in a loud voice
C．we can drink water from the polluted rivers and lakes
D．people are making rules in order to fight pollution
Mr．Jenkins liked all kinds of delicious foods．As an important officer，he was often asked to dinner．The shopkeepers tried their best to fawn onhim．They knew it was good for their business．Now the officer got fatter and fatter．He could hardly go upstairs at home and had to sleep downstairs． He often felt tired if he walked or did some housework.
He was worried about it and had to go to see a doctor．“Stop eating much fatand sugar，Mr Jenkins，”said the doctor .Or it will be worse for your health! It was difficult for the officer to do it. He wouldn’t do as the doctor said. Of course． He found something was wrong with his heart a few months later． Now he thought the doctor was fight．And he had to be in hospital．“You must lose weight，sir，” said the doctor．“unless you want to die soon!” “Could you tell me a way to lose weight,please?”“You must do an exercise first．” “Which exercise?” “To move your head from side to side when you’re invited to dinner!”
90．Mr．Jenkins wag often asked to dinner because ．
A．he liked the delicious foods B．he was ready to help others
C．he was friendly to the shopkeepers D．he was helpful to their business
91．It was difficult for Mr．Jenkins to do everything．so ．
A．he didn’t go to dinner B．he began to do some exercise
C．he went to ask the doctor for help D．he had to take much medicine
92．Mr．Jenkins wag afraid , so he went to the doctor again．
A．to die B．to be thin C．to stop working D．to do housework
93．Which of the following is true according to the passage?
A．The doctor told Mr．Jenkins to do some exercise．
B．The doctor told Mr．Jenkins to move his head．
C．The doctor told Mr．Jenkins not to go to dinner．
D．The doctor thought Mr．Jenkins would die．
This questionnaire is about your hobby. We want to know the relationship between your hobby and your job. You needn’t tell us your real name, but please answer the following questions honestly. Thanks a lot for your cooperation.
★Are you a man or a woman?
★What is your job?
□teacher □worker □student ■lawyer □others
★How old are you?
□under 10 □11～20 ■21～30 □31～40 □above 40
★How much do you make a month?
□under 1,000 yuan □1,000—3,000 yuan ■3,000-5,000 yuan □above 5,000 yuan
★What do you usually do on holidays?
□watch TV □go shopping □climb mountains □ride bikes
■play ball games □see movies □others
★How much do you want to spend for your hobby?
□none □under 200 ■200—500 □above 500
94. What is the paper about?
A. One’s job. B. One’s hobby.
C. The relationship between one’s job and hobby. D. Money.
95. What does the woman usually do on holidays?
A. She usually does some shopping. B. She usually rides bikes.
C. She usually climbs mountains. D. She usually plays ball games.
96. Which of the following sentences is TRUE?
A. She doesn’t want to spend any money on sports. B. She likes to climb mountains.
C. She is a young lawyer. D. She is only 35 years old.
Reading is an important activity for many Americans. Today, thousands of men, women and children are members of groups to discuss the books they read.
No one knows how many Americans belong to reading groups called book clubs. Yet publishers and bookshops report that more and more throughout the United States are joining the clubs.
Most of the clubs work the same way. Members read the same book at the same time. Then they meet to talk about the book. Members may be friends or people who live near each other. Or, they may be people who work together.
Book clubs may be for only women or only men. Or, they can be for husbands and wives together. Some are family groups where parents attend with their children. Children may belong to book clubs of their own.
Some book clubs in the United States are for husbands and wives. One woman says this is a great idea for a book club. She says husbands and wives often talk to each other only about their children, work, or money problems. "Talking about books," she says, "opens a whole new level of communication."
American children belong to book clubs, too. They may be as young as four years old or as old as eighteen. Some children's clubs get help from the Great Book Foundation . This educational organization provides lists of books to read. It also trains people to lead discussions about the books.
97. It is reported that _____ in the United States.
A. reading is important for men B. a lot of people are joining book clubs
C. all the people are reading their books
D. fewer and fewer people in the USA are joining the clubs
98. Most book clubs want their members ______.
A. to read the same book at the same time B. to buy a lot of books at the same time
C. to read different books at the same time D. to read as many books as they can
99. Before joining the book club, husbands and wives often talk about ______.
A. housework and work B. computer games
C. books and writers D. children, money or work
100. The best title of the passage might be _______.
A. An important Activity in the USA B. Reading Clubs for Children
C. Book Clubs in the USA D. All kinds of Clubs in the USA
Do you still get free plastic bags from the supermarkets? Things have changed.
China has banned free plastic bags at shops and supermarkets, and people have to pay for using plastic bags. The rule started on June 1 last year. It came because our country tried to make litter less. Making super-thin plastic bags has also been banned.
The Chinese once used about 3,000,000,000 plastic shopping bags a day, and they have
caused pollution of the environment. The bags have become a main cause of plastic pollution because they are easy to break and people throw them away here and there. So the Chinese people are encouraged to bring their own bags for shopping.
What kind of shopping bag is the best to bring? Some students in Chongqing have a good idea. They make their own shopping bags. They use old clothes to make cloth bags, and send them to their parents as presents. They also ask their parents and friends to use cloth bags instead of plastic ones. They think it is their duty to protect the environment.
101. People in China have to _____ now.
A. throw plastic bags here and there B. collect plastic bags in the street
C. pay for using plastic bags at shops and supermarkets
D. use free plastic bags at shops and supermarkets
102. The Chinese people are encouraged to bring _____ for shopping.
A. no bags B. free plastic bags
C. their own bags D. super-thin plastic bags
103. Some students in Chongqing ______.
A. ask their parents to make cloth bags B. make cloth bags themselves
C. pick up plastic bags everywhere D. buy cloth bags for their parents
104. What’s the main idea of this article?
A. Making super-thin plastic bags has been banned in China.
B. The bags have become a main cause of plastic pollution.
C. Some students in Chongqing begin to make their own shopping bags.
D. To protect the environment, free plastic bags have been banned in China.
If you ask about the hottest star in South Korea this year, you will certainly hear the name Rain. The 22-year-old singer is powerful and energetic on stage. His dances and voice are great! On December 18, Rain and other Korean stars, including Baby V, O, X and As One, amazed their fans at the concert “Night of Love” in Beijing. “I love his small eyes and good build,” Said Hanna Kim, 12, a Korean girl who studies in China, “He’s a nice person.”
Rain’s real name is Jung Ji Hoon. His music teacher thinks his eyes are wet and smiles are sunny. He wrote lots of the songs on his first CD during rainy days. So his teacher gave him the name Rain.
When he was a child, he liked to be quiet. He wasn’t good at studying. So no one noticed this tall boy in class. But he surprised his classmates in Grade Six. He danced for them all. Everyone looked at him in a different way. So he began to dance more. “I enjoy dancing,” he said. Rain really wanted to sing and dance. He worked hard at school, so that his father would let him dance. He gave up rugby and put all his time and energy into dancing. When his mother died four years ago, he held the sadness in and kept on practising day and night.
Now Rain has won awards with his music. His CDs have sold millions and he has acted in TV shows. Rain doesn’t want to sing forever, though. He dreams of doing a different job. “When I stop singing, I’d like to design clothes. Being a designer is my childhood dream,” he said.
105. Whose does the word “his” in the sentence “I love his small eyes and good
build …” refer to?
A. Rain’s. B. Baby V.O.X’s.
C. As One’s . D. Rain’s music teacher’s.
106. Why did Jung Ji Hoon get his name of Rain?
A. Because he liked rain. B. Because he was born on a rainy day.
C. Because he was caught in a rain in his mother’s arms on the day when he was born.
D. Because many songs of his first CD were written by him during rainy days.
107. Rain began to attract others’ attention when ______ .
A. he began to go to school B. he was twelve years old
C. he was in Grade Six D. his mother died
108. Rain also likes to be ______ besides singing and dancing.
A. a rugby player B. a scientist
C. a clothes designer D. a salesman
1. Can you _____________ me a room to study?
2. Would you please pass on a ______________ for me to Jack?
3. The car _____________ is important to the United States.
4. Mr. Davies pays me fifty yuan for my work w______________.
5. Please e_____________ the house by the front door.
6. Some kind people gave Hong Zhanhui some money, but he r___________ at last.
7. We should read English a_____________ in the morning if we want to learn it well.
8. We have to p_______ these children some food and clothes.
9. My English teacher has t_______ many English novels into Chinese.
10. My little brother is so i_______ in the movie that he has seen it many times.
11. That sad music r______ me of my dead mother.
12. If you don’t know how to spell the words, you can look it up in the d_________.
13. Our teacher often r_______ us as her children.
14. You should try your best to find a way of s_______ this problem.
15. Zhang Yimu is a famous movie d_______ in our country.
16. The old woman is really a_______ because she can’t find her money.
17. You shouldn’t take your father’s book away without his p_______.
far, value, direct, silence, surprise , affect, appear
18. There must be ___________ in the library so that people can work.
19. There's nothing ___________ about that. It's what everybody expected to happen.
20. Do you think the medicine will have a bad ____________?
21. Zhang Yimou is one of the most famous _____________ in China.
22. This English book will be ____________ to me in my work.
23. Some rare animals have _____________ from the earth.
24. You can call me if you need ________ help with your work.
live, drive, leave, hold, keep, pass
25. The doctor told me an apple a day the doctor away.
26. I saw your uncle while I _______________________ along the street.
27. He _____________________ in Beijing for three months last year.
28. I hear you ___________________ home tomorrow, aren’t you?
29. Three years _________ since he left the small village.
30. The 30th Olympic Games __________________ in London in 2012.
31. Playing computer games is ________ than learning English.
32. My sister wants to get her ears ______ , but my mother doesn’t allow.
33. Young trees should ________ as often as possible.
34. Most students are _______ in the afternoon, so they need to have a rest.
35. If the sun ______ tomorrow, what should we do?
36. I tried ______ you, but there was no reply.
37. The man might be ______ to catch the bus.
38. Some of the singers couldn’t sing the words ________ .
39. You are very ______ to be one of my students.
40. Most students need to eat _______ food every day.
41. I know the boy. He speaks English well.
I know the boy _____ _______ English well.
42. We don’t know what we should do next.
We don’t know what _____ ______ next.
43. We like apples better than bananas.
We _______ apples _______ bananas.
44. We think Learning English is very difficult.
We ______ think learning English ____ very difficult.
45. We like the singers who can write their own songs.
______ ______ _______ singers do you like?
46. What other things can you do for me?
______ _______ can you do for me?
47. Whatever you say, we won’t believe in you.
______ _______ _______ you say, we won’t believe in you.
48. I haven’t seen my mother for a month.
______ ______ _______ you _______ your mother?
49. My parents don’t allow me to go into the net bar.
I _____ ______ _______ to go into net bar by my parents.
50. We think your new dress is very ugly.
_____ _____ you _____ ______ my new dress?
54、The drought of 2011 was terrible and had a huge ______on our lives.
55． Bolt is a magic __ _ in the world ，I think .
56． We couldn’t help_ ___when we watch Zhao Benshan’s performances .
57．The book belongs to _____（她）， for her name is on the cover.
58． As a saying goes, ________ （常识）is power. We should work hard at all my subjects.
59． Everyone should know the _______（重要程度）of learning English well..
A: Hello,Kangkang. How beautiful your new bike is!
A: Where is it made ?
B:It is made in Shanghai.
A:I also want to buy one.88.__________________________________________
B:In Huangshang Supermarket. And there are many different colors.
A:I like black best.90.______________________________________________
B:about 160 yuan.
A:The price is OK.Well,would you like to go to the shop with me on National Day?
B:62.__________________________.I will be free that day.
Health is the most important of all.______________________________________________